Thursday 30 August 2007

Film Review: The Game

I hadn't watched The Game in a long time (over two years) but recently we had guests staying who had never seen it before and so I sat and watched it again. Now you may think that it can't be that good a film if I haven't watched it in so long, but you would be mistaken. The problem is that it is such a good film, but one that is never as good as the first time when you didn't know the plot. Therefore, leaving a long gap between viewings is worthwhile as you will forget little bits of the plot.

Without giving too much away this is a film about a control freak (probably the best performance by Michael Douglas I've ever seen) who finds his life falling apart around him. There are many twists and turns to this enjoyable film and so you really need to concentrate (i.e. no doing the crossword while watching).

My Rating: 4 Stars I nearly gave it the full five starts but the fact that it is one of those films that can never be as good as the first time you watched it lets it down slightly.
5 September 2007 at 19:40 , GB alias L'homme bizarre avec la barbe grise said...

You prompted me to ask my film buff friend about it. Oddly he didn't have it although he highly recommended it. So Amazon have one DVD less in stock.

26 November 2009 at 07:54 , Unknown said...

I didn't found it that much interesting movie. I felt disappointed because I was expecting much more..
Gaming courses

Post a Comment