Monday 25 February 2008

Food Glorious Food

We've just spent a great weekend at the Reeds Hotel just spitting distance from the Humber Bridge. I was intending to blog while we were there given that there was free Wi-Fi access. Unfortunately no matter what I tried I could not get my laptop to connect.

Now as you might have guessed from previous posts I quite like my food. I'm not vegetarian and I have no problem trying unusual dishes. In particular I like having the opportunity to try new things, so when I saw the menu on Friday I knew exactly what I was going to have for starter: Pan Seared Wood Pigeon Breast, Carved onto a medallion of black pudding and smoked bacon. The wood pigeon was fantastic and the black pudding (something I've always avoided) was not as bad as I expected it to be!

All the food over the weekend was superb and while there was nothing else that I'd never had before I did manage to eat: Roast Vegetable Tart with a blue cheese dressing, Pan Fried 6oz Venison Steak served with a red onion & apple tart tartin & a rich port jus, Oven Roasted Leg of Lamb with a redcurrant and red wine jus, Red Wine Poached Pear fanned on a bed of rice pudding with white chocolate wafers, Marmalade Glazed Bread and Butter Pudding, Frozen Raspberry Parfait with a white chocolate crisp, two large cooked breakfasts, and a bowl of Chicken and Vegetable Soup.
28 February 2008 at 09:08 , GB said...

It's a hard life!

Post a Comment