Sunday 11 January 2009

It Really Is Cold Outside!

While we may have been complaining in the UK over the last week or so about how cold it has been nothing has prepared me for the cold I have just experienced.

Those of you who have followed this blog for a while may remember that I spent a few days last January in Bled, Slovenia with work. Well while I have changed jobs since then somethings don't change and here I am again in Bled (even staying in the same hotel). Last year it was cold and crisp but there was no snow (other than that on distant mountains -- see my photos from last year). This year there is snow everywhere and it is exceptionally cold.

Imagine if you will the scene from the film Cool Runnings where the four athlete step out of the warm airport into the cold weather of Calgary and almost instantly freeze. Well believe me it can happen. I don't know the temperature inside Ljubljana airport but I do know (thanks to the cabin crew) that the temperature outside is a balmy -14 degrees centigrade. Believe me when I say that it really is cold. In fact I'd hazard a guess that if I stepped outside I could possibly spit icicles!

Post a Comment