Thursday 16 April 2009

Hart-to-Heart

It seems that quite a few of you assumed that I couldn't spell the name of the restaurant that featured in my last post. The restaurant is called The White Heart and not the more common The White Hart. I'd never even thought about the name before, probably as the first thing you notice about the restaurant isn't necessarily the name but rather the large white heart logo on the "Welcome to Penistone" sign.

It turns out that prior to being refurbished by it's current owners it was called The White Hart. I don't know why they changed the name although the cynic in me would suggest that the reason may be advertising. Apparently The White Hart is the 5th most popular British pub name and so I guess that standing out from all the others could be a problem. If, however, you search for the restaurants name on Google it pops up at #2 -- interestingly behind The White Hart Inn in Manchester so even Google must think I'm spelling it wrong!
16 April 2009 at 13:13 , Scriptor Senex said...

I knew you hadn't misseplled it because when I went to their sight the first thing I saw was their big white heart logo.

Post a Comment