Wednesday 25 November 2009

Fussy Eaters

I'm sure that most of us know at least one fussy eater. You know the kind of people; I don't eat anything that's green; I don't like oranges; salad, not a chance!

When I was growing up my brother was the fussy eater (sorry David but you know it is true), whilst I'd eat anything you put in front of me. There are of course things that I'll eat because someone else has cooked, but that I don't particularly like. Specifically I don't like sprouts. No matter if they are boiled or steamed they just turn out inedible. But of course it isn't the food but how it is cooked that is usually the problem.

Take my brother for example, the only type of potato he would eat as a child was chips. My Mum refused to always cook him chips but we found that if we steamed or boiled potatoes then sliced them up and stir fried them for a few minutes he would eat them as they kinda looked and tasted a bit like chips. Well it turns out if you stir-fry sprouts, following this recipe, they also become an edible food-stuff -- although I'm guessing the shallots and Parma ham help!
26 November 2009 at 11:43 , Scriptor Senex said...

A key ingredient of bubble and squeak which you should also like.

26 November 2009 at 13:18 , Ian said...

Love sprouts, love 'em! Our fridge is stuffed with them. How one little vegetable can pack in so much taste is beyond me.

Post a Comment