Thursday 15 September 2011

Being Experimented Upon

Just a quick note to say that Blogger seem to be conducting random experiments on random blogs. Unfortunately this is affect this blog (in fact it seems to be affecting all my blogs). In this specific experiment Blogger have added support for their own clever image popup effect. Unfortunately this is interfering with the code I was already using for this. So now if you click on any photo on this blog you actually get two copies popping up one on top of the other.

It's being discussed as we speak so hopefully there should be a fix or work around soon, but until then sorry if it looks a bit of a mess. For once it's not my fault!

UPDATE: While Blogger haven't fixed this yet I have managed to figure out a work around so hopefully things are back to normal.
15 September 2011 at 15:40 , ADRIAN said...

If You Load images through Windows Live Writer you get around this perennial problem. I guess it's a Picassa problem. Google want to make money. Fair enough. I like blogger.

Ps why bother with word verification it is a real pain.

15 September 2011 at 16:40 , Mark said...

Right, the Windows Live Writer idea is useful to know. I doubt I can actually use it to post given that I don't use Windows but I might try figuring out what it does differently.

As for the word verification, I went through a bad patch of lots and lots of comment spam a while back and so enabled it. I might try turning it off and see what happens.

18 September 2011 at 08:18 , Graham Edwards said...

I'm not getting the duplication now. I don't use WV and I seem to have been lucky - so far.

Post a Comment